Thursday, May 6, 2010

Miscommunication

We missed our important appointment- hence, we must go on the 11th at 9:15am. It is very confusing working with three different hospitals. I wonder if the SUPERHOSPITAL will be wonderful? Will it have all the facilties under one roof therefore avoiding many hospitals at once? I certainly hope so.

Being sick doesn't pay that's for sure; one must be a secretary, a business man and a patient all at the same time. How do people manage when they are alone? Dad has me and I have him- however, that doesn't seem to be enough. We need a manager, a book keeper and a trainer to keep us going. My word! A spiritual guide, a motivational speaker and man of the cloth... need I say more? A person with patience, a kind hand and words of wisdom - a good friend, a mother, brother, sister, aunt, uncle and cousin- need I say more? one who is sick needs all of the above and more... Most of all hope. Time is crucial and it seems like we are running out of it... by waiting. Patience.

I was reading a friends blog last night and realized that time is important - it's what you do with it that makes it so. Which is why biding time is not easy to do. Reading a good book, enjoying the company of friends and family and stopping to smell the flowers is key!


Since we have missed our appointment we must wait once again to see the brain surgen. It is upsetting and disappointing all at once. We bide our time- Dad with his new found love of reading--- "I can't put this book down" to incorporating the hockey game while reading. I will find him a book to read now that he has finished the last one. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. "Being sick doesn't pay that's for sure; one must be a secretary, a business man and a patient all at the same time." - truer words, S, truer words. It is awful the way our system is - you need to constantly be advocating for yourself. It becomes crucial that you stick your head through as many open dooe/indows as you can find. And make sure you're heard.

    Sometimes, you need to raise your voice.

    Patience. Resolve. Friendship. Family. These are words whose true definitions come out when dealing with sickness. Trust me, I know.

    Thing is, and I'm sure you'll agree - ignorance really is bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a long time to understand that saying "ignorance is bliss'. I fully understand it now. and I agree.

    A, it takes courage and faith, strength- which you get from your family and friends... I have learned from you to draw it out of my family and friends (they have given it to me but I have a hard time taking it). You are inspirational. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete