Saturday, May 15, 2010

We finally have some news. Friday was a day to make appointments. Dad must get another MRI, Make a mask (for his apt to get zapped) and get zapped. all this will happen this week and next week.

The 27th of May is the day he will have a sesssion of radiosurgery at the MGH with Dr. R.

Dr. W called me on thursday at 5:45 to tell me that Dr. R and him agree that the treatment should be chemo therapy. All is a go unless Dr. P (our primary Dr.) says no. We must wait to find out when we are to start the chemo (if it's a go), and take it from there.

Both my father and I have a sense of relief upon us but yet, there are sleepless nights for both of us. Thank god for the CTV and GlobalTv websites who have the tv show I've missed during the week. and to another one of my friends who has sleeping problems too, and is almost always up in the middle of the night. Last night I went to bed without watching the end of the Boston/ Philidelphia game (this is not normal), mind you, I do have a sinus infection and on antibotics that knocked me senseless. Up at 2 A.M. until 7 A.M only to sleep for 2 hours till nine. Busy day.

Not tired yet. F tells me that I need to sleep... easy for him to say. I try and try and try- with out taking any pills (which I refuse to do!) I have not had a decent night sleep in a long while. Any suggestions? I keep saying that I will sleep when my body tells me to- however it hasn't yet. it will one day.

Dad has sleeping issues too, I could only imagine what it might be like for him. I think that he is anxioius but doesn't say much to me about it. He lets out bits and pieces but nothing substantial (sp?) to give me an indication of how he is feeling. He will eventually open up and spill the beans but until then- - - - > moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment