Monday, May 2, 2011

Chemo Day

Today was the first day of dad's 2nd round of chemo. I will need to get the names straight but I think the chemo is CAV. It is given one day every 3 weeks and I sure hope the second treatment goes better than this one. It has been a long road so far but shorter than we thought. The chemo treatment has been changed from the previous protocol because it was too soon to start it up again. If I understand it correctly, the same protocol can be given only if it has been more than 6 months after the last treatment. It is too soon. So the new CAV treatment has started and dad must undergo a MUGA SCAN just to see if his heart is strong enough...

Dad, Of course, didn't eat this morning and is weak. He was wobbly after treatment and has had trouble walking - more than usual. He made it though and refuses to sleep in the spare bedroom as the hockey game is on in the living room... so, he will sleep on the couch. - Brand new bed in the room and dad is sleeping on the sofa... Go figure... Let me just say that he is stubborn. :)

I am a little (ok alot) concerned about this treatment because if he is going to get weaker and weaker then he'll need to move in with me and to this date he refuses to. Not sure how i'll get him to make that decision but i'll keep on it.

Between you (my 9 faithful followers) and I, dad looks old now and is skin and bones. I touched his shoulder and his back and holy moses he's basically just bones with a thin coating of skin. I want to make him eat, drink and eat some more... fatten him up. This damn F&*@&)G desease is a wicked and stupid and pathetic and is well, bull crap!!! If I were to meet this Cancer I'd blow it up to smitherines.... Rat B@*@&ard. Ok I'm done swearing now and sorry for that to those of you who don't appreciate swearting- It feels good to swear as it's the only thing I feel I could do.

May 24th Next session of this 2nd round of chemo.

No comments:

Post a Comment