Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sleep-

Last night I went to bed at 7:30 and basically slept until 7 am. I did not dream my crazy dreams that I usually have- I hardly moved in the bed. Boy was I tired. I think that when averaging 2-3 hours a night for a little while; it'll catch up to you.. I am so glad it did. I feel rested, relieved and although I am still tense around my shoulders, I could manage to breathe properly.

I was able to talk the nurse in charge of my dad's case and am glad that she is really nice. My dad said he would marry her - just by the sound of her voice- delusion, due to the cancer ;) I wonder what she looks like? She is really nice though, she took the time to answer all of my questions and went over everything with me that I seemed to have let slip though my ears after the word 'tumor'. She will be there on Thursday the 29th.

Tomorrow we have an apt. with the Radiology department at the MGH. Tuesday we have an apt. with the Neurosurg. Dr. both of which will let us know what to do- if anything. then another apt on the 29th, with the results of his 'second' opinion of his biopsy - it seems that when things stand still and then all of a sudden they start to snowball. overwhelming is an understatement.

So, I steal myself away with drinks after work with friends, with cooking things I love to cook and with Hockey- my saving grace this past season. One other thing that I will be stealing myself away with would be taking more pictures. I have let my 'photo-a-day' slip and I have let my friend down ( I am sure I have- and I am jealous that she has such beautiful photos, many more than I have now :( .) That's the next order of business. Maybe I'll post some here? What do you think?

Ok, I am babblein. I will say that although I have many acquaintences I have few friends. I will not name them because I know that they know who they are. They have inspired me to be stronger than I thought I could be and I thank them for that. These friends are always checking in on me at random times just to see how I'm holding up. I know that my father knows this too. and thanks them too! When I was younger I was embarrest to say 'I love you". I am not sure why but I am glad that I have out grown that silliness... and I must say to my friends 'I love you'.

No comments:

Post a Comment